One In Mission
The Presbytery of the Susquehanna Valley flourishes because we work together on Christ’s mission. This mission is reflected in the manifold ministries of our common life. This mission is equipped by our common commitment to Unified Mission Giving: congregations’ dedication of money to the Presbytery’s general mission fund. Some of the ministries supported by your Unified Mission Giving include (but are not limited to!):
- our Committee On Lay Preaching, including classes and scholarships, which support the excellent lay preaching in our Presbytery;
- Presbytery-wide youth ministry like the summer mission trip, Triennium, and camp scholarships;
- our Committee on Preparation for Ministry, which allows new pastoral leadership to be educated and equipped;
- the Ethiopian Partnership Team, fostering a long-term relationship with Christ’s work across the globe;
- our Committee On Ministry, which nurtures and guides pastors and congregations through transitions and trials;
- work toward Justice In Ministry, seeking the full meaning of Christ’s justice for our broken world;
- programs and workshops for the whole Presbytery Assembly;
- college and campus ministries, focused on the in-between years of student life;
- funding for individuals and groups of Presbytery leaders to be trained and developed for their ministries among us;
- grants for clusters of congregations to engage in new work together;
- Creative Ministry grants for congregations to try new methods of evangelism and mission that their budgets would not otherwise allow; and
- Development grants for congregations to strengthen the mission to which they are called.
From this list you will see how important is your congregation’s Unified Mission Giving to the Presbytery.
As we enter the season of budgets, prayerfully considering how we, Sessions and congregations, will spend the money God has given to us, I urge you to examine your congregation’s dedication to our Unified Mission Giving. Have a conversation with your pastor, budget committee, and Session to discern how you are called to support these worthy works. It is my fervent hope that our congregations will rise up with thanksgiving and joy to pour out the blessings of God into these streams of Christ’s mission.
And as always, if these words raise questions for you, I invite you to ask!
In Christ with You,
"The Presbytery of Susquehana Valley
lives to serve and encourage congregations
as we together seek to be faithful
in our calling to Jesus Christ."
Presbytery News and Updates.
Ways to serve within the presbytery and at specific churches
Locations and Information about upcoming Assemblies and Minutes in Seconds of previous assembly
Information about various events posted by Churches and Groups
The schedule of presbytery happenings with links to more information where available.
Presbytery of Susquehanna Valley is on FACEBOOK! “Like us” and share news of your congregation or team or committee!
Please be aware that Facebook is a public forum and that the Presbytery is not responsible for postings (or the contents of postings).
Contacting us is easy. Please click here to visit our contact page!